The first release of VisNow under the visnow.org brand is now available for download.
Choose your installer for Linux, Windows, or macOS and start exploring your data visually.
What’s new in v1.4.0?
- visnow.org rebranding
- New Point Field data type with large dataset support and lower memory footprint
- LAS reader module for LIDAR point cloud data support
- HDF5/CDM4 reader module for reading Common Data Model (CDM) formats, including NetCDF, HDF5, GRIB, etc.
- HDF5 writer module for saving VisNow fields in HDF5 format
- Updated CSV reader with more functionality
- Updated component calculator module with new user interface, new multi-argument functions, mask and coordinates support, and some bugfixes
- differential operations module now supports time derivatives
- Refreshed movie creation panel
- Added even more support for physical units
- Extended VNF header error notification in VisNow field reader module
Major improvements and bugfixes:
- Rendering library upgraded to new Java3D/JOGL versions
- Lots of code optimizations
- Resolved a number of VisNow freezes on newer operating systems
- Fixed problems in “graph 3d” and “line probe” modules
- Fixed issues in writing ASCII VNF files
- Fixed problems in “flow visualization” module
- Fixed problems with 1D fields rendering